A Glance at the New 2021 Jeep Compass
The 2021 Jeep Compass combines the capability and flexible capacity of an SUV with the maneuverability of a compact.
- Moving your adventures forward is the 2.4 L Tigershark® MultiAir® 2 that pushes out up to 180 hp and 172 lb.-ft. of torque while towing up to 2,000 pounds. Fuel economy achieves an EPA estimated 22 miles per gallon in the city and 31 miles per gallon on the highway.
- The Select-Terrain® Traction Management System defines your drive in the 4 x 4. Among your settings are Auto, Snow, Sand, Mud, or available Rock.
- You’ll tackle almost any surface with the Jeep Active Drive Low 4×4 System that features a low range and a 20:1 crawl ratio.
- When you need to go down a steep decline, Hill Descent Control automatically applies the brakes while monitoring the throttle and speed. This ensures a consistent pace while allowing you to concentrate on steering and the view.
- If you go with the Trailhawk® trim, you enjoy the benefits of the Trail Rated® badge. This designation signifies superiority in five areas of off-roading: maneuverability, articulation, water fording, ground clearance, and traction.
- Assisting with inclement weather are the Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers that automatically activate when moisture hits the windshield. In the winter, The Windshield Wiper De-icer pizza the bottom of the windshield up to keep your wipers from freezing. To keep the view clear on cold days, the Heated Exterior Mirrors can melt away frost and snow.
The 2021 Jeep Compass comfortably fits up to five passengers on two rows but you can also fold down the rear seat when you want to expand cargo capacity from 27.2 to 59.8 cu. ft. The interior pampers riders with the following:
- Go with the available Sun and Sound Package and you can open the included Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof to bring in light and air. You also get the Alpine Premium Audio System with nine speakers that include a dual-voice coil 8-inch subwoofer.
- You and your front passenger can set separate comfort levels with the Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control.
- To make cold days cozy, the front seats in the steering wheel can have built-in heating.
- You can control the Uconnect system through the 8.4-inch touchscreen. It integrates your compatible smartphone through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. You can now make phone calls and accept text messages while you’re still on the road. A 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot is also available.
- With available Sirius XM Guardian™, you can download the app and remotely start the vehicle to make the interior more comfortable, locate your car when you don’t remember where you parked it, find a destination on your smart phone and then send the results to the navigation component of your infotainment system.
- In an emergency, you can push the SOS button to immediately connect to a first responder who can then reach your destination to help you out.
You’ll confidently drive your family anywhere in the 2021 Jeep Compass because of its next level driver assists:
- Available Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning tells you if you are about to hit the vehicle in your path. To prevent an accident, Active Braking engages a stop.
- Available LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning informs you if you are drifting across the road. Its paired Lane Keep Assist with moving your vehicle back into the right path.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go automatically keeps a safe distance between you and the next vehicle by changing your speed as traffic conditions vary.
- When you back out of a parking spot, the ParkView® Rear Back up Camera reveals the view behind you, complete with gridlines to show where you’re heading. Rear Cross Path Detection warns of any vehicles crossing your reverse direction.
- Blind Spot Monitoring tells you of any incursions into your blind zone to make changing lanes easier.
- The ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System tells you if you’re getting too close to hazards in the front and back as you pull into a parking spot.
- If you get into an accident, the high-strength steel body structure protects you and your passengers. Eight advanced airbags can deploy, including ones for the driver and passenger needs and the side curtains.